Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week 9 - Clam Linguini & I'm blowin it!!!



So week 7 has far passed, I still have yet to type week 6's recipe and I truly should be on week 9 now I think... Thank God for pre-dating and free-will - I can post whenever I want and unless you check daily (stalker!) you'll never notice how much of a slacker I am... I'm fudging here and posting 9 prior to 7 and 8 - sue me!

Week 9 - Clam Linguine - this recipe comes straight from my Dad's new wife, (my 2nd step mom, damn Cancer!!! She's very cool!) I have tasted many seafood pasta recipes in my life, I love seafood and while not a full pescetarian, I'd say it overwhelms my red meat consumption by over 75%. Bottom Line, this recipe was BAR NON the BEST clam linguine I've ever tasted - I'd pay top dollar for it in a upscale coastal restaurant and not even bat an eyelash... It's not creamy, not fatty and doesn't leave that traditional film in your mouth and throat I'd typically experience after a hearty seafood pasta dish like this - the trick here is there are no creams, very little fat and lots of flavor that comes from the clams themselves.

I find posting the recipe on AR (All Recipes) first then posting a link or copying the format here is far easier - so that said, I'll detail the Mediterranean Dish and this one there and re-post here by mid next week - I also have yet another Shrimp dish I might use as a filler to catch up that I've already posted there...

Hope you all enjoy your Halloween and were able to get creative on a few "Spooktacular" dishes!

Happy Cooking!

~Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment