Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dont step in front of a moving bus, unless you plan on getting hit!

The title of this blog sums up my feelings the best - what started out as a weekly cullinary challenge has become a lifestyle. When I first started this blog, I was a lover of food, now I feel as if I have become a creator of meals - I cant count the various meals I have attempted - most well received, yet some required a call to Pizza Hut, however the over all experience only 9 weeks in has opened my eyes.

On an average of 4+ days per week my family eats something new and very health conscious - I am cooking with raw ingredients, not processed food - finding that the farmers market and local butcher can provide one with everything they need to make a savory and healthy dish - I used to have major high blood pressure, stage 2 at times - I am now below pre-hypertension - I've dropped 10lbs and still love my beer...

While I may not continue to maintain this blog, I can say I will continue it's idea -
I dont find as much time to sit behind my computer anymore as now I'm prepping, perfecting knife skills, learning at what temp to cook, how to make a reduction sauce, trying my hand at sushi and sashimi. The world of food is limitless...

I am no longer the cook in my house, I am the Executive Chef - my clientelle are the pickiest and most demanding any chef has ever prepared a meal for and I am satisfying them!!!

I sign off for now, not knowing when I'll post again but if I can recommend one thing, it is to try to go from a fast food addict, start a 52 week challenge and see if it wont change your life!

Happy Cooking!

~Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment